Indulge yourself with this delicious and decadently rich shrimp recipe cooked in chili crab sauce. Yet another quick and easy recipe to love!I was able to get hold of these lovely fresh shrimps from a local fish store (sadly, we do not have fish market 🙁 ) and I knew exactly what to do with them. I have been saving a can of crab fat paste just so I can make this shrimp with chili crab sauce and I am glad I did.
If you have read and tried the recipe from my old post for Pata Aligue, you should know by now how good Aligue or ‘crab fat’ is, but also that it should be taken in moderation. But indulging oneself once in a while should be (more than) fine.
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g shrimps, washed, and drained
- 2-3 Tablespoon crap fat paste
- 2-3 Tablespoon tomato or banana Ketchup
- ½ cup water -as needed or Sprite/7-up
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- chili flakes
- green onions for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute the garlic until tender and slightly browned.
- Add the shrimps and cook for 2-3 minutes until all sides turn pink.
- Add the crab fat paste and ketchup. Add water as needed. Some liquid will come out from the shrimps, so you might not need to add more water.
- Season with fish sauce and chili flakes and let it simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve with your favorite pasta or rice.