This Pan Roast Beef recipe is very easy and does not require using an oven as it is cooked over the pan(or skillet). But the result is just as yummy and a beef that is so tender!
Another quick and easy recipe if you are in a hurry. Can be served with mashed potatoes or beans for a complete meal for Lunch or Dinner.
- 500g Beef (Brisket or Sirloin is best) a whole chunk
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- ½ Tsp Garlic powder (see Tips below)
- 1 Tsp Soy sauce
- 1 cup of the broth from beef
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Place the beef chunk in a pot and add water only until the meat is submerged. Cook over medium heat, until it boils and then turns heat to low and let it cook for over an hour or until the meat, is tender. If you have a pressure cooker then that will make it a lot faster. Set aside at least 1 cup of the broth for the gravy.
- Cut the chunk of beef into thin slices. In a big pan, fry sliced beef in oil in medium heat until a bit brown or well done...depends on how you like it.
- While the beef is frying, prepare the gravy. In a bowl, dissolve the flour, and garlic powder in the beef broth. Add soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Once the beef is done, place the meat on a plate and remove the oil from the pan. In the same pan, melt the butter then add the gravy mixture and let it cook until simmering then stir it continuously until it thickens. Add back the slices of beef and let the gravy seep into it.