This Mac and Cheese recipe is really a simple one. This is my first time to make it (yup! it is not that popular in the Philippines, although not often, we had mac and cheese when we were kids but the instant one from the box) because hubby is asking for it, so I thought to give it a try and this is not baked only cooked on stove top and it is quite good and really easy and simple.
- 300 g elbow macaroni noodles (or any pasta you like),
- 2 cups milk
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or other preferred cheese or combination of different cheese)
- ½ tsp salt
- Cook the pasta as per instructions. Do not overcook, it should be al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan under medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir for 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully that it does not get burn. Add milk in a steady stream while constantly whisking to break up lumps and cook until it thickens. Add shredded cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta and cheese sauce until all are fully coated. Serve.
What is your favorite Mac and Cheese Recipe? Do you have a cheese you prefer to use other than cheddar? Advice and Tips are welcome…