After harvesting my potted potatoes from my container garden, we had a basket of them in various sizes. This is the first time I tried planting potatoes and in a pot too, it was actually a bit of an experiment for me and I felt amazed while I was digging and kept on finding more and more potatoes inside the container. Can hardly wait for next planting season to plant more potatoes!
Sietema, who supervised the harvesting, and I got some potatoes of really good size but there were also these cute, small baby ones. Which are the perfect size for making this side dish that my sister, Glenda, would ask me to cook from time to time when I was still in the Philippines. Now she makes it herself (to impress her friends and boyfriend…I think hehe 🙂 ) and so does my other sisters who are living in Dubai (could be for the same reason..haha!). This dish is quite easy to make, healthy and is always a big hit at dinners or any occasions.
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 head medium garlic
- 2 cups baby potatoes
- 2 cups champignon musrooms (fresh or canned)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (1/2 tsp if dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (1/2 tsp if dried)
- salt and pepper
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and cut into halves, Boil baby potatoes for 10-15 minutes of just until cooked. Do not overcook potatoes, check by poking one with a toothpick. If it comes through easily then it should be done.
- Saute garlic in olive oil until only just browned. Add potatoes and cook until edges are browned then the same with the mushrooms. Add rosemary and basil. Season with salt and pepper.