It is a happy new year indeed, I am back in my homeland, Philippines, for the whole month, courtesy of my sweet and loving honey! Now, first things first, I made a list of all the food that I craved for so much and also of all the restaurants and fastfoods that I missed the past year and there’s a lot of them. I gave my mama my wish list and went with my parents yesterday morning to our local market to buy what we need. We were already a bit late since market starts really early and so do the market-goers, but we were lucky that we were still able to get hold of some fiddlehead ferns or ‘pako’ as we call them locally, as they were the last bunch left.
- 2 cups fiddlehead fern
- 3 medium tomamtoes, sliced thinly
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 2 salted egg, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp white viegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar and set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix the fern, tomatoes and onions.
- Pour in vinegar mixture and toss until well mixed.
- Add the salted eggs and toss one last time.
Regular boiled eggs instead of salted eggs may be used.