This Banoffee Pie is so easy to make and no-bake pie is always one of my favorite desserts. It was done all under 30 minutes and that includes making the caramel sauce from scratch.
I prefer to use really ripe bananas because they are sweeter and brings more flavor. For the crust I used butter cookies, crushed them and just added some cocoa powder and it is simply wonderful combined with bananas.
- FOR CRUST:
- 10-12 butter cookies, crushed
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- FOR TOP:
- 2 big ripe bananas, cut into rounds
- 1 200g all-purpose cream or whipping cream
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- ½ cup almond flakes
- cocoa powder for sprinkling
- Combine all ingredients for crust in a bowl and mix until all parts are moistened. Try pressing a bit to the bottom of the bowl, it should stick and pack firmly, if not add a bit more oil. Transfer to a spring-form and spread evenly. Press crumbs until it is sticking firmly to the bottom of the spring form.
- Spread half of the caramel sauce on top of the crust. Arrange the banana slices on top of it. Place in fridge for now.
- In a deep bowl, whip the all-purpose cream until firm peaks form. You can put it in a piping bag and using a big star tip, pipe the cream on top of the banana slices to make nice patterns. Alternatively, you may just spread the cream on top using spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle with some almond flakes and cocoa powder. Spoon the remaining caramel and drizzle over the cream.