Don’t they just look nice and appetizing? Good news is they are quick and easy to make and really healthy too!
I usually make these when Armin is having his diet. Even in Phase 1 of South Beach diet, as broccoli is one of the vegetables allowed in this phase since it has low Glycemic index. It is perfect side for any meat like chicken, pork or beef but I am pretty sure they would also make wonderful appetizers.
We both like our broccoli only half-cooked, that way it is still crisp and not soggy or mushy. So making them in these crustless mini broccoli Quiche is just perfect.
I also added some feta cheese on top that melted nicely while it was baking and then bacon, but they are still good even without. I do not think you could go wrong with this recipe anyway and did I say how easy it was to make? Yep, definitely one of my fave; quick, easy and delicious!
I usually use my silicon cupcake molds for making them because I find it easier and you can also serve them in it but any muffin pans or molds would also do great.
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place 1-2 pieces of florets in each muffin mold, depending on the size of the florets, it should fill three-quarters of each mold. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk until almost frothy. Add onions, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into the muffin molds, just about covering the florets. Top each with grated cheese. Leave enough space as the quiche may rise a little while baking.
- Bake at 180°C/375°F for about 20 minutes or top is almost brown.