I was reading a lot of recipes in the internet but I was looking for something specific. I want the cream cheese frosting to be firm enough for decorating or piping and be able to hold really long even at room temperature or even a bit warmer. The thing is, all the recipes I saw requires a lot of powdered sugar in it to make it firm. But that is where my problem lies, because I, personally, am not a big fan of frosting that are really sweet.
So I tried various measurements and see how much less I can go on with the powdered sugar but still have a cream cheese frosting that is firm enough to pipe or design and be able to hold the whole day.
- 1 pack (200-250g) Cream Cheese (Frischkäse)
- ½ cup butter (115g), softened (but not melted)
- 1 cup or 110g sifted powdered sugar(Puderzucker)
- a pinch of salt
- food color (optional)
- Mix butter and Cream Cheese in medium speed until smooth. Add food color is desired. and mix for 1 minute.
- Add powdered sugar and salt and mix for 1-2 minutes or until well incorporated.