Try this meaty, very cheesy and slightly spicy Chili Cheese Fries or Potato Wedges. It is also easy to make and is done in a jiffy. A complete meal all in itself.
How can something that is so simple be so deliciously good!? Well, I am just happy for quick and easy recipes like this one especially when I have a really busy schedule and with so less time to prepare dinner. It is really a life saver! Of course, I used a frozen pack of fries or in this case, potato wedges, but if you are not in so much of a hurry you can also make it from scratch. Same goes with the cheese sauce, it is actually easy to make just like the recipe I used for making mac and cheese.
I do have a tip for you when cooking ground beef. I usually use soy sauce to season ground beef instead of just using salt. Believe me, it tastes a lot better, I guess because soy sauce is easier to absorb and somehow it also enhances the taste of the beef.
This recipe is good enough for 2 but can just be double without a problem. You can also add as much cheese as you want, I know I do!
- 1/2 bag (about 400g) frozen seasoned fries or wedges
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 kilo ground beef
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 can chili beans
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder (use paprika for non-spicy variation)
- 100 g [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KGCCZ96/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00KGCCZ96&linkCode=as2&tag=foxfol09-20&linkId=E4ASJQVEIRT46GK3″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]cheese sauce[/url] (Cheddar) or melt cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Lay fries or wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 18 to 25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until crisp and golden.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, stirring constantly to break up all the clumps to <g class=”gr_ gr_64 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep” id=”64″ data-gr-id=”64″>fine</g> ground then season with soy sauce. Cook until brown. Add the chili beans and cayenne powder and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until some of the sauce from the beans are reduced <g class=”gr_ gr_56 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace” id=”56″ data-gr-id=”56″>into</g> half.
- Place the cooked fries or wedges on an oven-safe dish. our the cooked chili and sprinkle with grated Mozzarella then add the cheese sauce over the top of the cooked french fries.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until mozzarella cheese has melted. Serve while hot!